Thursday, January 13, 2005

Queer Eye for the American People

Tuesday I watched the first episode of the new season of Queer Eye For the Straight Guy. Which as always was FABulously funny. This one was particularly poigniant as it featured a serviceman about to be deployed to Iraq and him coping with the inevitable separation from his wife and young daughter. It was very touching and even though I've enver been a big fan of men in uniform I really hope that we can bring our boys home soon. And I hope that this (however misguided) effort to bring democracy to the Iraqi's is succsessful if only to have something to show for the sacrifices of our soldiers and the Iraqi civilians who have lost their lives and families in this war.

(I almost used the word conflict there to make it sound "nice"..... the media has clearly brainwashed me.... we INVADED this country.....)

Queer Eye for the Straight Girl premeired last night, (I watched the sneak preview on tuesday also) And it was dissapointing. Maybe people from LA just aren't as funny. I mean it was still funny but it just wasn't quite as Amazing as the Fab 5. The sneak preview episode was especially dull, but the premier was better. Maybe they just need to get into the groove. The lesbian is cute :-)

But I think my favorite show has to be Nanny 911. Watching kids going from screaming terrors to little angels in a week is highly entertaing, especially when all of the changes taht go on are related to the parents. Mean and psycho mama's being told what for by Nanny Deb is highly enjoyable. Finally some lessons in parenting for the stupid people of America.

I don't really know what the point of this post was, but since they've ended the search for WMD's I just have no reason to watch the news anymore.