Monday, January 03, 2005

Now I know why boys don't like me

from an article in the washington post :
  • Some course materials cited in Waxman's report present as scientific fact notions about a man's need for "admiration" and "sexual fulfillment" compared with a woman's need for "financial support." One book in the "Choosing Best" series tells the story of a knight who married a village maiden instead of the princess because the princess offered so many tips on slaying the local dragon. "Moral of the story," notes the popular text: "Occasional suggestions and assistance may be alright, but too much of it will lessen a man's confidence or even turn him away from his princess."

I am now enlightened as to why it took me so long to get a boyfriend. I was always beign helpful and intelligent, when really I should have been supportive and stupid. I am HORRIFIED. I hope the writer of this article misinterpreted it. Maybe "Slaying the local dragon" is some kind of metaphore for something else and maybe he likes his girls cherry. Who knows. But I am disgusted. I mean even if it IS true, that's not the kind of thing you should be TEACHING people. Certainly there has to be an element of restraint when giving advice. (something I am notoriously bad at) But...... that knight must have had a really really tiny dick.